In the wake of the COVID-19 world pandemic that has now been declared a national emergency in the US, we wanted to update Jermyn residents and businesses on our commitment to public safety:
- The Jermyn Gymnasium is currently shut down until further notice.
- The Jermyn Borough building was and will continue to be thoroughly disinfected, paying close attention to doorknobs, restrooms, vending machines, and anywhere else that is repeatedly touched by hands.
- The Jermyn Tax Collector, in an effort to minimize germ spreading, will not hold office hours for the next two weeks, beginning March 16th. If this period gets extended, we will inform as appropriate.
- Those needing to conduct business with Jermyn Borough are urged to use telephone and email as primary methods of communication, and asked to only enter the building if necessary.
- As of now, 3/15/20, the Jermyn Borough Council meeting scheduled for 3/19/20 will still be conducted.
An update from the Mayor about Jermyn Police Department procedures regarding COVID-19:
- Jermyn Police are not currently responding to ambulance calls, unless dire in nature.
- Jermyn Police, if called, will ask you to meet them outside, if at all possible.
- If calling for Jermyn Police, please notify them if you are symptomatic.
- Jermyn Police are disinfecting cruiser vehicles, and equipment each shift.
We urge all residents and businesses to use proper precautions, including thorough handwashing, avoiding large crowds, and self-containment if feeling symptomatic.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we all navigate through this period together.